Planning to visit friends and family in US? Or is it a leisure & exploration trip to Canada? Nevertheless, if you are an Indian you’ll need to have a tourist visitor visa which is appropriate for short term non-business travel trips.
Basically there 2 types of visas in Canada, Temporary residency visa and permanent residency visa, in the permanent residency visa, it is ideal for people who wish to settle in Canada, these are usually the international students who’ve studied in USA (hyperlink this with ‘Study in Canada’ web page) and fulfil the basic criteria, whereas tourist/visitor visa is part of temporary residency visa primarily for people who want to visit Canada for a short period of time for visiting family, friends, part time courses, tour.. Etc.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TOURISTVISA
- 3 photos as per Canada visa requirements
- Signed application form
- Proof of accommodation, flight tickets
- Proof of minimum amount of funds sufficient to pay for the stay
- Identity proof and documents reflecting civil status
- Receipt of visa application fee
- Medical certificate
- Evidence that you are going to come back to your home country on the expiry of tourist visa
- Cover letter stating the purpose of your travel, duration
- Print copy of letter of support/invitation from Canada/letter from relatives if you are planning to stay with them.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TOURIST VISA
- You can stay up to a period of 6 months on tourist visa in Canada
- Tourist visa cannot be used as a means to work part-time
- You are free to take your dependents and spouse along with you
- Usually it takes 25-27 days to get the visa issued
- Check if you have been issued a single entry visa or multiple entry visa
- You will need to have visitor visa if your stay in Canada is more than 2 days or if you are crossing borders with car, train, bus, boat.
LET’S CHECK THE ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA
If you are someone planning a trip to Canada, make sure you meet the below mentioned criteria.
- You need to make sure that you have enough funds in bank account to support yourself and your family for the full duration of the stay
- Applicant should not try to take a part-time job in Canada
- You need to make sure that you have no criminal record and also persuade consulates that you intend to fallow all the rules and regulations of Canada
- If you plan to stay with your friends or relatives, make sure you have an invitation letter from them.
- There are some more basic requirements which completely depend on the profile.
At Dhruv, we provide you with best strategy based on your profile to get your tourist visa; we make sure that you are fully informed about the finances and the important documents which need to be shown. Please feel free to reach out to us at 09998068622 & we’d love to help you embark this journey of getting your tourist visa.